It was a pleasure to appear on Alexa and Echo Chief Evangelist Dave Isbitski’s Podcast, Alexa Dev Chat (SoundCloud | iTunes). Bespoken came to Dave’s attention as part of the weekly Developer Office Hours for Alexa. I enjoyed coming on the podcast to discuss how Bespoken is helping Alexa developers more easily build and maintain skills and offer some tips on making the most of the platform.
Alexa Dev Chat Podcast Highlights
- Hear about our extensive background and experience in voice-first development, as pioneers at XAPPmedia in interactive audio for mobile apps going back to 2013 (1:43).
- What Dave and I love about Alexa dev — from offloading UX work to the AI to the new programming model Alexa introduces, there are significant benefits for programmers (9:11).
- How to avoid the dreaded 1-star review (19:05).
- Why automated testing and monitoring will only become more essential to the future of Alexa skill development (18:14).
- Steps to becoming a 10x Alexa Dev right now (25:54):
Thank you to Dave and the podcast team for talking to me and for recognizing that Bespoken is making it easier to create and maintain high-quality skills.
Full podcast here:
Dave Isbitski discusses various aspects of Alexa (Alexa Skills Kit and Alexa Voice Service), natural language understanding, voice recognition, and how developers like you are building innovative solutions. The podcasts include Alexa news, developer tips, and interviews with Alexa developers and Alexa employees.